Dale Cregan

Dale Cregan Mass Murderer
DOB6 June 1983
OccupationDrug Dealer
Kill Total4
Kill PlaceManchester
Kill Date2012
VictimMark Short David Short  PC Fiona Bone PC Nicola Hughes
CourtManchester Crown Court
JudgeMr Justice Clarke
Case No:
Cregan is known as 'One Eye' due to his missing left eye, which is believed to have been carved out with a knife under circumstances unknown, he has given many reasons over the years. 

A family feud, small time gangland disputes, and drug dealer arguments led to four horrific murders.

25th May 2012, Dale Cregan shot dead Mark Short in The Cotton Tree pub in Droylsden, Manchester, he also attempted to kill three other men, in a gangland feud.

10th August 2012, Cregan visited the house of Mark Short's father, David Short. Cregan shot him nine times with a Glock 19 pistol and then threw an M75 hand grenade onto him, blowing his body apart and killing him instantly.

18th September 2012, On the run after the two gangland killings, Cregan made a hoax 999 call to police. When PC's Fiona Bone and Nicola Hughes arrived, Cregan shot 32 times at them, as well a throwing a hand grenade straight into them, one died instantly the other died once at hospital.
He handed himself into police later that same day, admitting to killing the two police officers.

4th February 2014, Dale Cregan admitted murdering PC Fiona Bone and PC Nicola Hughes and father and son David and Mark Short but was cleared of attempted murder of Sharon Hark

13th June 2013, Cregan is sentenced and given a Whole life Tariff, for four murders and three attempted murders.

August 2013, While being held at HMP Full Sutton Prison, in York, Cregan went on Hunger strike.

September 2013, Cregan moved to Ashworth High security Hospital.

March 2018, Cregan moved back to prison this time to HMP Strangeways high security prison in mancherster,  from Ashworth, where it was reported he had boasted about his "luxuiry" conditions.

September 2020, Crergan is again moved back to Ashworth high security hospital.

<< Back